2503 South Neil St.
Hours: 10:00 am - 5:30 pm, Mon - Sat
Minneapolis, MN & Chicago, IL
Regional Exhibits & Shows
or by Appointment
News & Events ARCHIVES
News & Events, Fall & Winter 2009
- Barns of Illinois Book Tour & Signing - Macomb Mon., Dec. 21, 5.30 pm, hosted by 1st Farm Credit at 2901 E. Jackson, Macomb.
- BARNS OF ILLINOIS Launch Party, Oct. 1, 5-8pm. Introducing Larry Kanfer¹s latest book. Original artwork featured in the book will be on display in the gallery. Larry Kanfer Gallery, Champaign.
- Book signing & presentation, Oct. 3, 2-5pm. Larry Kanfer discusses highlights from Barns of Illinois and signs books for gallery guests. Presentation at 3 pm. Larry Kanfer Gallery, Champaign, IL.
- Annual Piatt County Barn Tour, Oct. 11, 12-2pm, Piatt County Museum. Larry Kanfer book signing during Barn Tour.
- "Barns of Illinois: Photographs by Larry Kanfer" Oct. 16 – Nov. 14. Peoria Art Guild, Gallery II. Evocative collection of original photographs from “Barns of Illinois”. Opening Reception, Fri., Oct 16, 5.30 - 7.30. Presentation by Larry & Alaina Kanfer Sat., 0ct. 17, 10 am.
- Bloomington Book Signing, Sat., Oct. 17, 4pm, Barnes & Noble, 1701 E, Empire, Bloomington IL.
- Barns of Illinois- Luncheon Presentation, University Club of Chicago, Wed., Oct 21, noon. Larry Kanfer will show photographs and he and Alaina will describe the stories they uncovered during the photography and research in the book, Barns of Illinois. 76 East Monroe Street, Chicago IL. $25 per plate.
- Chicagoland Book Signing- The Book Stall, Thursday October 22, 7 pm. 811 Elm Street, Winnetka, IL.
- Rockford Area Presentation & Book Signing, Sat., Nov. 7, 1 pm. Midway Village & Museum Center, 6799 Guilford Rd., Rockford IL.
- Joliet Discussion & Book Signing, Sun., Nov. 8, 1pm, Barnes & Noble, 2621 Plainfield Road, Joliet, IL.
- Holiday Open House, Nov 12-15. Larry Kanfer Gallery, Champaign IL.
- Illini Union Bookstore Sat., Nov 14. Dad¹s Day weekend booksigning event at the Illini Union Bookstore, Champaign IL.
- Barn Keepers Presentation Mon., Nov. 16, 7 pm, at the McLean County Farm Bureau, 602 N Hershey Rd, Bloomington IL.
- CHICAGOLAND Art Show & Sale, Sat, Nov. 21. Larry Kanfer returns to the Chicagoland area with new original artwork. North Shore DoubleTree (near Old Orchard), Barcelona Room, 9599 Skokie Blvd., Skokie, IL
- Bloomington Art Show & Sale, Dec. 5, Doubletree Hotel. Larry Kanfer¹s annual visit to Bloomington with original artwork, including new images from Barns of Illinois book.
- Champaign book Signing, Sat., Dec. 12 1 pm. Barnes & Noble, Champaign, IL
- "WTTW Chicago Tonight, " Wed, Aug. 26, 7 pm. Interview with Larry Kanfer about his latest book, Barns of Illinois.
- How to Photograph Your Garden, Sept. 11, Effingham. IL. Larry Kanfer workshop scheduled for 2009 Illinois Master Gardeners Conference.
- "An Evening on the Prairie with Larry Kanfer",Sept. 22, 4,30 – 7 pm, hosted in the Courtyard on the Illinois Central College, East Peoria Campus. Enjoy Kanfer’s work, food and music while having an opportunity to meet the artist. Tickets are $20.
- Art Gallery Bicycle Tour, Sat. Sept 26. The Larry Kanfer Gallery in Champaign is one stop on a bicycle tour of galleries and unique shops in Champaign-Urbana. Contact Champaign Cycle, 217.352.7600 for more info.
- WDWS Penny for Your Thoughts, Tuesday, Sept., 28, Jim Turpin interviews Larry & Alaina Kanfer about Barns of Illinois, skip to about minute 40 of the program.
News & Events, Winter & Spring'09
- Spring Open House, at the Larry Kanfer Gallery, April 2- 5. Celebrate CU: A captivating view of the town you love. Special after hours opening Thu April 2, 5-7 pm with Sunsinger and Art Mart.
- Decor magazine features, three Larry Kanfer photographs. The art-and-framing industrys oldest and most respected trade publication, Decor will include Kickapoo Preserve, Fragile Flowers and Summer Evening in the March issue.
- How to Photograph Your Garden, , May 19. Larry Kanfer workshop, scheduled for the Master Gardeners of Champaign County. .
- Champaign County Camera Club Awards, , March 1. Larry Kanfer judges the annual photograph contest and discusses his selections at Lincoln Square Mall.
- WILL Vision Circle, Feb. 17. Featured presentation by Larry Kanfer about his background with the University of Illinois and appreciation of University architecture.
- Entrepreneurship in Design, Diversity, Environment & Behavior, guest lecture by Larry Kanfer in Architecture 576 taught by Professor Kathryn Anthony at the University of Illinois. Feb. 13.
- The Magnificence of the Everyday, , Jan 29. Presentation to the Savoy Rotary Club luncheon meeting.
- Unit 4 PTA Art Contest.. , Larry Kanfer judges the photography entries from students in all grades in the Champaign School District. The theme of the photographs is "WOW!" Winning photographs are on display at the Mellon Building.
We're glad you stopped by to visit. If you have any problems or
questions, please contact us.